I'm a Goan girl, working in Mumbai as the founder of a creative agency called Totem Creative. I try to make the world happier, safer and more meaningful. I believe education, knowledge and awareness, art, writing and creating Social Impact are my means to achieve that end.

I love Animals, Nature, Art, Relationships, Sports, Technology and Stories.

-

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Never light a candle in an A/C room


NEVER LIGHT A CANDLE IN AN A/C ROOM.

Prevention is Better than cure.. Please read this and pass on...

A friend in our group passed away last week due to
carbon-monoxide poisoning. It happened when she lighted an aroma therapeutic candle for the
night in a room with air-conditioner ON.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot
fully oxidize & thus forms dangerous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting
in the person dozing off to a state of unconsciousness & eventually death in
less than an hour, depending on the room size.

This email is to make you aware of such danger when lighting aroma
therapeutic candles in any unventilated rooms.

No comments: